Saturday, July 7, 2012

What can you do?

The writing phase is almost over except for what we will discover in rehearsal. I've added two songs one a solo for Michelle that deals with sudden changes in your life and. musical link to the brief therapy sequence sets. The problem with the hour length format is there are more details I want to include. But with any musical you have to paint in broad strokes. Jay also had me write a scene where I come home from the hospital, and scenes in the car with Rick and Mary. They have been integrated into the script. Now I have to concentrate on opening Harvey at the Summer Place theater in Naperville. That happens Friday. We did have Mighty Ted rehearsal last Saturday, the first one with the full cast. Ren and Cheryl have dug right in with enthusiasm and are so much fun. I broke down during one of my speeches and Jaay is fine if that happens in performance. It is what makes this story real. I keep imagining how an audience will receive this story. I hope they can put themselves in my place and picture how they would react to these situations. I saw Dr Parkes Tuesday. My blood pressure was good 118 over 70. She keeps saying I am doing all the right things. I was in a chair for an arm study most of Monday. Didn't get to the gym this week to work with Joey. The holiday and the heat got in the way. We meet at 2 today to rehearse. I love how this show is developing. The audience is going to be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment