Saturday, June 30, 2012

Who will buy?

The last two Saturdays were fun but consumed with completing the cast. Four cast members were already in place : Wink Stone, Dale Galiniak, Karen Revekant and Alexandra Miller-Vanover. I already knew their talents. Dale worked for me at the Downers Grove Public Library and suggested we start improv together. He will NOT be playing himself. Wink and Alex were in my writing six show, The World Still Looks Bight to Me last March and hit their material out of the park. I met Karen during my days as a member of Duck and Cover, a short lived improv troop that I hope gets resurrected some day. Our newest members are Ren Bautista and Cheryl Scusiys. Ren is often at the music improv jams at Second City on Saturday afternoons and I have done actual scenes with him before. Cheryl came in did some dynamite improv as my wife, Michelle and has a killer voice. More brownie points she sings a medley of songs from Golden Rainbow a short lived 1960's musical comedy which was tailored to the talents of Steve and Edie as brother and sister in law. So the merry band is complete and I am excited for this weeks rehearsal. Tickets are now on sale by phone and through the Second City website. Buy in advance as I just signed the contract and we have to have at leat 25 in the audience to cover rent. Thursday night I saw Jay Sukow perform with a group, Blender, who were fast and funny and my brain is haunted by the strains of a song about an armless man. There are great shows here on the training center stages all yhe time. So be sure and catch ours in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment