Saturday, June 23, 2012

A new song!

Work on the show is moving along. We are still looking for two cast members, one to play Michelle, the other to play various male roles. Jay gave me the challenge to write a scene and a duet for Michelle and I to characterize the quirkiness of our marriage. It survives but sometimes I don't know how. The song is called "nobody gets me like you" Wednesday I met with Stephanie again to fine tune the songs and write music for the duet. I had scratched out a melody and there was Steph's talents ready to sketch in rthe rest. This collaboration is just like great improvisation, each one resounding and yes andind to give the full picture. Other great things happened this week. I met with Michael Vaughn this week. He is choreographing for us. he also does silk screening on T shirts so soon there will be t shirts to help promote the show. Now I can see merchandising and an original cast album! I also got an email from Sgbt. Sarah my first physical therapist. I'll be talking to the CEO of Marian Joy, talking to the Board and promoting the show. Tis week I have appointments at the Research Institute of Chicago and Northwestern Research. More opportunities for promoting. We hope to get a couple of scenes on their feet to take out as a teaser. I also found out niece Laura Rehor and hubby Jonathan will be in Chicago opening night. This experience is moving ahead quickly. Tickets are slated to go on sale Monday. I'll be posting reports and pictures from this afternoons rehearsal. Watch for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment